Customer Alert: This site will be experiencing brief outages on Saturday, 03/15/2014, from 5am to noon CST as we update and implement improvements on our network systems. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience
canfitpro has approved this course for the following certification designations: Fitness Instructor Specialist, Older Adult Fitness Specialist, Personal Trainer Specialist, Program Director Specialist.
The Managing Physical Activity Programs for Older Adults series of online courses empowers health and fitness practitioners to design, implement, and manage physical activity programs for older adults, the fastest-growing population in the health and fitness industry. The practical information presented in this series can be used by wellness, fitness, activity, and program directors in a range of settings. Participants will learn to develop or adapt programs for a variety of people, from fit to frail.
In Programming, expert Jennifer Mayer shows how to design and implement physical activity programs that appeal to older adults. The course’s dynamic mix of seminar-style presentation and online learning activities shows what’s involved in creating successful programs. Participants will do the following in the course:
• Use SWOTT analysis to study the marketplace and their facilities and then use that information to build programs around their strengths.
• Explore current trends in programming so they can see what kinds of programs work for older adults and why they’ve been successful.
• Examine financial issues: pricing strategies and funding sources, including insurance reimbursement and AARP discounts.
• Consider logistics specific to older adults: appropriate scheduling, transportation options, accessibility, facility temperature, and safety protocols, including preexercise screening, fitness assessments, and CPR and AED training.
• Learn to implement programs in various settings, such as fitness centers, hospitals, and community-based settings.
• Develop marketing and promotion plans for their programming and look at ways to attract and retain participants.
This course also includes a Programming Toolbox, which contains practical tools, forms, and resources that you can use long after you’ve completed the course. You’ll find SWOTT analysis forms, facility waiver forms, a 90-day marketing plan form, and a list of 25 marketing vehicles.
American College of Sports Medicine
American Council on Exercise
British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association
Certified Professional Trainers Network
Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy