E-books are assigned to you through your Adobe ID. This means that you can transfer library items to as many as six computers or supported mobile devices.
Before you can transfer items between devices, you must authorize those devices with your Adobe ID. Note: Bookmarks and highlighting are not copied when items are transferred to another computer.
To transfer a library item to another authorized computer, do the following:
- On the computer you’re transferring from, locate and open the My Digital Editions folder, located inside the My Documents folder.
- Choose the ePUB or PDF files that correspond to the e-book titles you want to transfer.
- Copy the selected files to portable media such as a flash drive, or e-mail the files to the target device.
- On the target device, copy the ePUB or PDF files into the My Documents\My Digital Editions folder.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on the target device. Choose Library > Add Item, and then navigate to the My Digital Editions folder and select the new files to bring them into the library.