IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DISABILITY SERVICES: Human Kinetics is now responding to disability requests from US and Canadian higher educational institutions through AccessText Network. If your school is a member, please submit your request through your ATN portal.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2015, all permission requests to reuse material from Human Kinetics journals—including republication requests—should be submitted through the Copyright Clearance Center (www.copyright.com). Book republication requests will continue to be handled directly by Human Kinetics.
When filling out the form, please keep the following in mind:
- If the material will be published by a publisher other than HK, provide the title
of the work to be released, its author(s) or editor(s), the publisher's name, the
estimated release date, the number of pages, and the binding (if known). If the
material is for nonclassroom use, indicate how many copies of it you wish to make.
- If you intend to copy materials for use in a course packet or make multiple copies for another classroom use, contact your local reproduction rights organization. See http://www.ifrro.org/rro. Requesters from the U.S. as well as other countries are permitted to use the Copyright Clearance Center at www.copyright.com.
- If you would like to use Human Kinetics material in a promotional manner (book covers or excerpts in a magazine or newspaper article, or on your Web site), you’ll need to contact your local office. For U.S. requests please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about translating our books into other languages, please contact Barry Johnson at BarryJ@hkusa.com.
Have the following information ready to complete the form:
- Full title of the original HK book or journal; full title of the chapter or section,
if applicable; last name and initials of the author(s) and/or editor(s)
- Volume and issue number of the journal or the edition number of the book
- Exact page numbers as they appear in the HK publication of the material you wish to use
- If the request is for a table or figure, include table or figure number(s) in addition
to the page number(s) in the HK publication.
- Copyright holder and the year (HK serves as copyright agent for all HK publications,
regardless of copyright holder).
- If the material is changed in any way, a copy of the original material as it appears
in the HK publication and a copy showing your adaptation, summary, or other proposed use.
Note: Should we need to contact you regarding your request, we will do so via e-mail. Please
make sure you include this information.
* = Required fields.