Why choose the StarGuard program?
StarGuard provides pool, waterpark, and restricted waterfront lifeguards skills exceeding nationally recognized standards. The course is available in a blended format consisting of an online self-study course followed by an instructor-led water session and competency; however, instructors may choose to teach the entire course without use of the online option. The benefits of the StarGuard program are numerous:
- Experiential approach to learning. Through the online course, students are asked to role-play situations that they might one day face on the job. This holistic approach to learining results in a deeper, more thorough understanding of the key concepts and an appreciation of the importance of doing the whole job well, not just parts of it.
- Focus on professionalism and accountability. Being a lifeguard is a serious and important job. The StarGuard program focuses on behaviors that will help lifeguards be at their best and ready to take action in the event of an emergency.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications are included in the course.
- Individualized learning experience. Students can work through the online course at their own pace, allowing quicker learners to move more quickly, and allowing others to review material that they are having difficulty understanding.
- Dedicated customer support staff. Our team is ready to assist your facility with all your lifeguarding and aquatics programming needs. We are here to make the process as easy for you as possible.
- Control time, cost, and administration by becoming a training provider.
- Complete and comprehensive risk management system available for elite level training providers.
The updated fourth edition of the text, Starguard: Best Practices for Lifeguards contains the latest research in lifeguarding and lifesaving best practices including the most current CPR/AED and first aid content, new information on victim recognition, when and how to initiate a systematic method of emergency response, adapting CPR and rescue skills for an unresponsive drowning victim, and workplace safety. Integrating each of these components into an experiential methodology of training lifeguards is a hallmark of the StarGuard certification program.
To speak with our aquatics specialist, Sara Poe, please call 877-465-4545 ext. 2.