The barriers to adopting a healthy lifestyle are as varied and complex as the people trying to overcome them. Active Living Partners (ALP) is dedicated to helping people break through those barriers to improve their health and quality of life. Our Active Living Every Day and Healthy Eating Every Day programs provide solutions to the problems of getting sedentary adults to become more physically active and make nutritional changes that will have a positive impact on their lives.
About Active Living Partners
Organizations such as fitness centers, worksites, senior residences, community health programs, hospitals, and universities are using our programs to empower people to change their health habits. The success the programs have had in these varied settings can be traced to the following:
- Proven effectiveness. Both programs were developed in partnership with The Cooper Institute, which has achieved worldwide recognition for its outstanding scientific research, and have been proven effective in clinical trials.
- Structure and support. Our program structure builds a strong foundation of behavioral change and a community of support, providing momentum to extend and entrench each individual’s wellness habits.
- Inclusive approach. Participants build on small successes - a method that appeals to even the most sedentary individuals.
- Personalized strategies. The courses allow participants to tailor the program based on their readiness to change, lifestyle, and preferences so each person gets the information needed to reach health and fitness goals and make lasting changes.
Why choose Active Living Partners Programs?
In addition to the many benefits for course participants, ALP programs offer program providers these benefits:
- Complete, ready-to-use programs. We’ve developed everything you need to successfully implement the programs so there’s no need to invest your valuable time and effort in creating something new. Participants in the courses will receive a text and access to online tools that enhance the weekly lessons. You’ll receive all the resources you need to run the program, including lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, marketing tools, and consultative support.
- Affordability. Our ready-to-use programs will not only save you time and effort, they’ll also save you money. Discounts are available on purchases of 25 participant packages or more. You could pay as little as $21.00 per participant.
- Flexible scheduling and delivery. Both courses can be offered online, as a facilitator-led class, through one-on-one mentoring, or a combination of these formats so you can easily work around participants’ busy schedules.
- Easy to staff. You don’t have to be involved in the health care field to serve as a facilitator. Staff members can complete their training online to become facilitators, opening up your options and making the best use of your resources.
- On-going support. Our Web site offers tools to evaluate your program and our staff is always available to answer questions or provide suggestions. Plus, Active Living Partners’ monthly teleconference forums provide the opportunity to communicate with other providers and facilitators, share best practices, and stay on top of the latest research in the fields of behavior change and healthy living.
About the Active Living Every Day and Healthy Eating Every Day programs
Activate the inactive
Active Living Every Day addresses the inherent causes of a sedentary lifestyle and teaches participants the skills they need to identify and to overcome their barriers to physical activity, set realistic goals, develop social support, and fit activity into their daily lives. Along the way they become active by doing activities they enjoy and develop positive feelings about being physically active.
The Active Living Every Day Participant Package contains everything individuals will need to fully enjoy their journey through the course. Each package includes the Active Living Every Day textbook and access to online tools that enhance the weekly sessions, including forms, quizzes, Web links, suggested readings, and practical tools to help them track their progress.
A realistic approach to proper nutrition
Healthy Eating Every Day will teach participants how to choose the proper balance of the right foods for optimal health, set realistic goals and rewards, and cope with triggers for unhealthy eating. They will also learn to consider unhealthy eating while shopping for food, eat well when dining out, and make sense of nutrition information - all without having to eliminate entire food groups or sacrifice meals. The information is in line with and complements the USDA Nutrition Guidelines.
The Healthy Eating Every Day Participant Package provides the tools necessary to maximize your participants’ learning experience. Each package contains the Healthy Eating Every Day textbook and access to online tools that reinforce information found in the weekly sessions. You’ll find forms, quizzes, Web links, enhancement activities, and practical tools to help them track their progress.
It’s never been easier to implement an Active Living Partners Program. All facilitator training can now be completed online so you can be ready to offer a class in no time.
Getting started is easy!
- Call our Active Living Partners specialist for help answering your questions and customizing the program to meet your needs.
- Sign a license agreement.
- Complete facilitator training, which consists of an online facilitator course, a Web-based training workshop, and an online exam.
- Start offering courses!
To offer these courses at your facility, or for more information on facilitator training, pricing, or implementation, please contact our Active Living Partners specialist:
800-747-4457 ext. 2522