USA Volleyball has teamed up with Human Kinetics to provide print and video resources and online training opportunities for its member coaches through the American Sport Education Program (ASEP), the coaching education division of Human Kinetics. USA Volleyball’s Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) accepts ASEP’s Coaching Youth Volleyball, Coaching Principles, and Sport First Aid online courses as CAP module equivalents for certification and recertification purposes.
According to the articles of incorporation of USA Volleyball, the nonprofit corporation was formed for the following purposes:
- To teach the sport of Volleyball to children and adults by holding clinics conducted by qualified instructors in schools, playgrounds, and parks
- To provide Volleyball practice sessions, classroom lectures, seminars, and panel discussions through which selected trainees may be schooled in competitive coaching, playing, officiating, and scouting techniques
USA Volleyball is the national governing body for the sport of Volleyball in the United States and is recognized by the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). Its membership includes more than 200,000 players, coaches, officials, and parents.
USA Volleyball supports its members in the following endeavors:
- Competitive success: To win gold medals in every international competition
- Sport growth: To achieve full participation in Volleyball at all levels and in all geographical areas
- Sport enhancement: To improve support services necessary for the quality and conduct of programs to ensure recognition as the authority and expert for Volleyball
- International representation: To have influential positions on all international boards and commissions
- Recognition: To receive consistent recognition of Volleyball coaches and athletes as top world performers
USA Volleyball stresses that whether one is a gifted athlete or a recreational player, Volleyball is fun, and every Volleyball player who wants a coach should have access to a knowledgeable, trained, and certified coach. Participation in Volleyball not only is good exercise, but it also involves team cooperation and spirit. Human Kinetics’ partnership with USA Volleyball continues to create new opportunities for the growth of Volleyball through solid coaching education foundations and evolving training materials that include print, video, and online resources.