Human Kinetics and USA Triathlon (USAT) have partnered to make Human Kinetics’ products more readily available to USAT member coaches and athletes. The partnership allows USAT members to have easy and affordable access to educational material so they can expand their knowledge and expertise in their chosen sport.
The history of USA Triathlon dates back to 1982 when the U.S. Triathlon Association and the American Triathlon Association merged under one unified national governing body called the U.S. Triathlon Association, with 1,500 members. The years since have seen the sport grow exponentially in the United States. Now known as USA Triathlon, membership stands at more than 115,000.
USA Triathlon’s mission is to encourage, support, and enhance the multisport experience in the United States
To engage every American in the multisport lifestyle.
- Value our members and other constituents
- Value safety, fairness, motivation, and achievement in competition
- Value fitness and health through exercise, the spirit of competitiveness, and the pursuit of excellence: "the multisport lifestyle"
- Increase relevancy
- Support the tagline, "Fueling the multisport lifestyle"
- Improve business unit cross collaboration
- Create more proactive educational programs
- Create programs that support the mantra of "getting involved"
USAT is recognized as the National Governing Body of Triathlon by the U.S. Olympic Committee, the International Triathlon Union and the U.S. Congress. They provide regulation, encouragement, and support for race directors, coaches, officials and athletes.
USAT is sustained by annual and one-day license fees from their members and those who enter their sanctioned races. They also are supported by sponsorships, grants from the United States Olympic Committee, and by corporate and individual donors. As a regulatory body, they legislate and enforce competitive rules and procedures. USAT offers education and certification for race directors, coaches, and officials.
They bring together members’ needs and desires to form a consensus for the course of multisport and of their federation into the future.
For more information about USA Triathlon please visit www.usatriathlon.org.