The United States Tennis Association (USTA) and Human Kinetics have teamed up to provide coaches and players at all levels with some of the best available resources on coaching strategies, technical and tactical advice, practice drills, warm-up exercises, conditioning programs, and stroke development. The American Sport Education Program (ASEP), the coaching education division of Human Kinetics, delivers the Coaching Youth Tennis online course as part of the USTA coaching education program.
The USTA is the national governing body for the sport of Tennis and the recognized leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
The USTA is the largest Tennis organization in the world, with 17 geographical sections, more than 700,000 individual members, and 7,000 organizational members. USTA supports the advancement of Tennis through 5 components:
- Community Tennis makes Tennis available to everyone by supporting a range of programs that help people learn the game, play the game, and gain the numerous health, fitness, and social benefits of the game.
- Professional Tennis manages all aspects of the USTA’s involvement in the professional sport, including the US Open and the Olympus US Open Series. It also provides the revenue for funding the USTA mission and works to increase the popularity of the pro game to positively affect players’ participation.
- USTA player development facilitates the development of world-class American champions by providing promising players with access to the best training, coaching, and competition.
- The USTA pro circuit, the world’s largest professional tour for Tennis development, provides the next generation of American champions with the opportunity to play against world-class competition without having to travel abroad.
- Diversity efforts by the USTA involve broadening and increasing multicultural participation in the sport and serving as a model for all organizations that aspire to growth and an inclusive environment.
Human Kinetics’ partnership with the USTA continues to flourish, and jointly they will develop cutting-edge products and distribute information to enhance the game of Tennis.