The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences or BASES is the professional body for sport and exercise sciences in the UK. BASES’ objectives are:
- the promotion of research in sport and exercise sciences
- the encouragement of evidence-based practice in sport and exercise sciences
- the distribution of knowledge in sport and exercise sciences
- the development and maintenance of high professional standards for those involved in sport and exercise sciences
- the representation of the interests of sport and exercise sciences nationally and internationally.
The application of scientific principles to sport and exercise is principally achieved through one of the three branches of science: biomechanics, physiology and psychology or through interdisciplinary approaches.
Human Kinetics’ offer to BASES members:
15% off all books. Email your order details and BASES membership number to email@example.com or telephone 0113 255 5665. Alternatively order online and use Promo Code BASES1. A customer services assistant will contact you to take your BASES membership number.