The International Society for Physical Activity and Health is a society of individual members who are interested in advancing its mission and goals.
The mission of ISPAH is to advance health through the scientific study and promotion of physical activity.
The goals of the Society are to:
- Provide a focused international forum and professional organizational home for researchers and practitioners interested in physical activity and health.
- Promote professional development of members through educational activities relevant to physical activity and health
- Facilitate communication and understanding among international organizations and specialties with interests in, or responsibilities for, physical activity and health.
- Promote and improve the effectiveness of science in advancing the understanding and promotion of physical activity for health.
- Advocate for research funding and policies (legislative and non-legislative) that can improve opportunities and environments for physical activity throughout the world.