There is more to becoming a great pitcher than sound mechanics, a blazing fastball, and a live arm. A pitcher must know how to pitch—what to throw, when to throw it, and where to locate it. He must have a me-versus-you mind-set, that unique blend of confidence and determination that fuels a passion to set the tone of the game, own the mound, and shut down the opponent.
The Complete Guide to Pitching is the most comprehensive pitching resource available. Derek Johnson, one of the game’s premier pitching coaches, takes you inside the art and science of pitching. You’ll discover these strategies:
- Upper- and lower-body pitching mechanics
- Most effective arm and shoulder strengthening workouts
- Shutting down the opponent’s running game
- Developing a potent pitching arsenal, including the splitter, curve, and changeup
- Creating a pregame pitching plan
- Situational strategies and recognizing hitters’ weaknesses
- Fielding the position
- In- and off-season conditioning programs
- Windup, stretch, and follow-through
From pregame warm-ups to cultivating the pitcher–catcher relationship, it’s all here in this one-of-a-kind book and DVD package. Featuring skill instruction, development drills, exercises, personal insights, and instruction on every aspect of pitching, The Complete Guide to Pitching is a must-have for every pitching coach, pitcher, and baseball fan.