Certified strength and conditioning specialists (CSCSs) are professionals who apply scientific knowledge to train athletes for the primary goal of improving athletic performance. The CSCS certification is widely recognized as the esteemed credential for strength and conditioning professionals in the United States and increasingly around the world. The National Strength and Conditioning Association and Human Kinetics have jointly developed the NSCA’s Certified Strength and Conditioning Special (CSCS) Online Study Course to help candidates study for the CSCS examination. Certified professionals can also take this course for continuing education. The course covers the following:
- Content that reflects the weighting and scope of the CSCS exam
- Varying levels of recall, application, and analysis
- Over 160 learning activities
- On-the-job duties and responsibilities of a CSCS professional
- An end of course exam that mimics the scope and difficulty of the actual exam.
The course is supplemented by the book Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning, Third Edition, Written by the National Strength and Conditioning Association, this text also serves as a valuable professional reference after the course is completed.