There’s a lot more to officiating than just knowing the rules. Communication, decision making, and conflict resolution are just some of the skills that officials need in addition to what’s found in the rules book. The convenient online format of Officiating Principles allows you to gain a thorough understanding of officiating through reading material, audio and video vignettes, and interactive activities and quizzes. Challenge yourself with real-life game situations, determine your officiating philosophy and style, understand your legal rights and responsibilities, and learn to manage your officiating career. It’s essential preparation for new or inexperienced officials.
You’ll take the course exam online and receive immediate results. Upon passing the test, you will be automatically entered into the ASEP National Officials Registry, an online database of officials that tracks and verifies officials’ credentials. With the Officiating Principles online course, you’ll be prepared, confident, and motivated to officiate high school contests.
Officiating Principles brings the training to your desktop, helping you to do these tasks:
- Learn about officiating past and present (unit 1)
- Consider officiating as a lifetime career (unit 2)
- Determine your officiating style (unit 3)
- Set and achieve professional goals (unit 4)
- Communicate effectively with other officials, coaches, and athletes (unit 5)
- Develop your decision-making skills (unit 6)
- Implement mental training strategies in your officiating regimen (unit 7)
- Manage conflict effectively (unit 8)
- Be aware of the principles of personal fitness (unit 9)
- Create a personal fitness plan (unit 10)
- Understand your legal responsibilities (unit 11)
- Explain your legal rights and business responsibilities (unit 12)
- Manage your time wisely (unit 13)