Through an integrated text and video combination, Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Seventh Edition (Enhanced), provides a comprehensive approach to physical fitness appraisal and exercise prescription. This resource includes more than 75 minutes of video content that help readers learn the techniques necessary for conducting fitness testing and program design. More than 40 video clips featuring common exercise assessments teach viewers the essentials of fitness testing, such as calibration of blood pressure cuffs, functional movement assessment, and push-up and pull-up testing. Students and professionals will also learn about common errors to avoid, as well as tips on interacting with clients.
The seventh editionof Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription reflects current guidelines and recommendations, including new physical activity recommendations from the U.S. government, American Heart Association, and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), as well as the latest ACSM guidelines for medical exam and exercise testing requirements before beginning exercise programs. Unlike introductory texts, which typically focus on field testing for evaluating physical fitness, this text includes both field and laboratory assessment techniques. Readers will find the latest information on maximal and submaximal graded exercise testing in healthy populations, muscular fitness testing protocols and norms for children and adults, and field tests and norms for evaluating cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular fitness, body composition, flexibility, and balance.
Additional updates to the seventh edition include the following:
- New research substantiating the link between physical activity and disease risk
- Expanded information on prediabetes, metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis, and overweight and obesity, including updated statistics on the global prevalence of obesity
- New dietary guidelines for Americans, including information on MyPlate
- Inclusion of SCORE system to estimate 10-year risk of fatal cardiac event due to atherosclerosis
- Expanded information on the use of technology to monitor physical activity
- Updated information on the use of exergaming and social networking to promote physical activity and exercise
- Additional OMNI pictorial scales for ratings of perceived exertion during exercise
- Latest ACSM FITT-VP principle for designing aerobic exercise programs
- Whole-body vibration as an adjunct to resistance training and flexibility training
Purchase this enhanced e-book with video through Amazon’s Kindle Store, Apple’s iBookstore, or Barnes & Noble for NOOK.