Subscribe to feed
A new release in the popular Anatomy Series
Eight years ago this summer, Human Kinetics released Strength Training Anatomy. Through a unique blend of exercise and art, author and illustrator Frederic Delavier conveyed the intricacies of strength training in a visually stunning-and instantly intuitive-presentation. A concept that transcended the exercise genre, it found an audience beyond the weight room and quickly became the best-selling title in HK’s history.
Other anatomy titles followed: Women’s Strength Training Anatomy, Yoga Anatomy, Bodybuilding Anatomy, and Stretching Anatomy. From those, a powerhouse series emerged. Now with combined sales of over 1 million copies, the series has taken a bold step with the recently released Cycling Anatomy.
The first sport-specific title in the series incorporates the familiar anatomical approach to visually depict the relationship between conditioning and performance. For the first time, athletes can see exactly how an exercise enhances technique, prevents injury, and improves performance. Whether you are a recreational and competitive rider, I invite you to take a look inside this title. I’m confident, you’ll agree that it is a fine addition to the series.
Cycling Anatomy is only one of 23 new releases we’ll be releasing this spring. It’s a stellar lineup highlighted by the following titles:
- A second edition of Beth Shaw’s YogaFit leads this spring’s fitness offerings. The popularity of Beth’s program continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Check out this new release, which is packed with new poses, workouts, and routines, and you’ll clearly see why.
- Another fitness standout, Fit in 5, eliminates the "I don’t have time" exercise excuse, with 5-, 10-, and 30-minute workouts that accommodate even the busiest of schedules. With 150 exercises, guidelines for cardio training, and 15 weeks of sample programs, it’s ideal for anyone wishing to get into "summer shape."
- HK’s best-selling triathlon title, Triathlon 101, returns with a brand new edition. Including training programs, and the latest information on equipment, technology, techniques, strategy, and nutrition, this is a "must-have" form anyone planning to compete this summer.
- One of football’s most acclaimed players, Ray Guy, details every aspect of the kicking game in Football Kicking & Punting. Placekickers, punters, special teams coaches, this is a dream come true. From technique to strategy, it’s a unique opportunity to learn from one of the greats.
- Survival Guide for Coaching Youth Soccer is a new release in this popular series. If you’re a first time soccer coach, wondering what to do, and how to do it, you’ll find the answers here. Combining the lighthearted realities of teaching young athletes with the essential skills, drills, coaching tips, and practice plans, it’s your step by step guide to unforgettable season.
Of course, this is just a sampling of the offerings you’ll find on our brand new site. Here, you’ll find the most up to date information on HK’s products, but also so much more. Author interviews, blogs, podcasts, video clips, community centers, and e-books...it’s a new site for a new age. Best of all, this is just the beginning.
Whether through this blog, the community centers, or private email, I hope you will let us know what it is you’d like to see. New publication, format, or feature for the Web site...whatever it may be, we welcome your input, and value your support.