The Fitnessgram 8.4 update is to be applied to your 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.2, or 8.3 programs and is applicable to all three versions: the Windows Stand-Alone and the Macintosh Stand-Alone, the Small Area Network, and the District SQL Server.
Note: For either network version, you will need to apply the update to both the server and all client machines (Windows and MAC).
The 8.4 update can be used whether you have an 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.2, or 8.3 program for Windows or Macintosh.
To see what version number you have, you can either check your software CD (it will have the version number on it) or go to the Help menu and click on About. The version number will be displayed at the top of the About screen and within the white space for the server and client information.
The Fitnessgram 8.4 software update contains many enhancements:
- Tools for Human Kinetics technical support staff to use when working with our network customers.
- Resolution of connectivity problems for the District server version.
- Data validation report providing names of those students who do not have grade, gender, and DOB. Reports cannot be generated without this information.
- Data consolidation tool to clean up the Fitnessgram database.
- Addition of TX PEIMS ethnicity codes needed for sending Fitnessgram results to their state agencies.
- Export Wizard for the Achievement of Standards report indicating if students are in the Healthy Fitness Zone for a test component (e.g., aerobic capacity, body composition).
- Selection of a data range for the Fitnessgram statistical report.
- Addition of tool tips throughout the program.
- Reminders to make sure all data are entered when adding teachers and students to the program.
- Additional minor fixes to areas within the program.
The Fitnessgram 8.4 update is available only via Web download at this location:
To Install the Fitnessgram 8.4 Update
To apply the Fitnessgram 8.4 update, follow these easy steps:
- Download the update from the Web site and save it to your desktop.
- Make sure the Fitnessgram Teacher and Student programs are closed before applying the update.
- Double-click on the Fitnessgram 8.4 Updater.exe file.
- Click on the Setup button. Read the information listed in the first screen of the update.
- To start the update process, click the Next button. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update.
If you have any questions concerning the update, please contact a Human Kinetics Technical Support team member at email@example.com or 800-747-4457 and select option 3.