How do I use the test package installed from a CD?
A. These instructions are for the older test packages delivered via CD with the instructor guides. If you have installed the instructor guide CD to your computer, you should be able to find the test package as well. It is part of the instructor guide CD.
- Once it is installed, you can go to the Start button on the lower left of the computer screen and then select Programs.
- In the programs list you should see a listing for the title of your textbook. Click on that to expand the next listing, and you can click on Test Package.
- Once the test package comes up, click the arrow to continue.
- Click the Continue button on the author information box.
- You will then see the main menu. Click Construct a New Test.
- In the Search By field, click the down arrow to make your selection. (If searching by chapter, another field will appear below to allow you to select the chapters needed for your search.)
- Click the down arrow in the Chapter List field and highlight the chapter you want to add to the search.
- After clicking the chapter number, you must click the button underneath that field to add the selected chapter to the search, and you will see your chapter number appear in the box to the right.
- Repeat this for all the chapters you want in this search.
- Check or uncheck the types of questions you want the search to pull from the question pool.
- If you want just multiple-choice questions, make sure it is the only type you have checked. Note: The questions were created by the authors of this text. If you have just one type selected and the search finds no questions, then the authors did not create that type of question for that chapter. You might broaden your search with other question types.
- Once all the chapters and types are selected, you will then need to click the Search Now button to bring up the question pool for your search.
- The Record counter on the bottom of the Question Pool box will show you how many questions were found and what question you are currently on.
- Please select the questions with the buttons on that box as needed.
If you need additional help with this test package, feel free to contact us.