- Purpose: To test power, speed, quickness, and body control in multiple planes of movement. The test also assesses lower extremity control, including the ability to perform plant and cut types of movements correctly.
- Equipment: Standard measuring tape, two stopwatches, colored tape, five cones in the configuration shown in the figure.
Procedure (Ortiz et al. 2005)
1. Set up the path, which is 3 by 4.85 m and marked with colored tape on the floor, and place cones in every corner.
2. Position the client so that he or she is in a ready stance directly behind starting line.
3. Have the client run one lap as fast as possible around the zigzag path.
4. If the client does not round all cones in completing the one full lap, require him or her to rest for an adequate amount of time and then retest.
5. Record the time taken to perform one full lap around the path to the nearest tenth of a second.