See this page as it appears in the book.
Locomotor skills, motor planning, spatial awareness
Place the cones 4 feet (1 meter) apart.
Do grapevine (crossover) steps from cone to cone. Along the way, touch each cone and say the letter shown on the card for that cone.
Make sure that the student uses proper form for the grapevine step:
- When moving to the right, step with your right foot first.
- Follow with your left foot moving in front of and across your right foot.
- Then step out again with your right foot.
- Follow with your left foot moving behind your right foot.
- Continue with this pattern.