Sell our fitness and health programs and products to organizations and businesses. Requires an organized, outgoing self-starter with a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Recreation, or a related field; proven success in sales/marketing; excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently. Previous phone sales experience and a strong understanding of health promotion is a plus. Moderate travel is required.
1. Conduct the sales of company books and programs to assigned accounts.
a) Prospect, initiate contact and secure sales
b) Provide support to customers by providing product information and customer service assistance.
c) Conduct targeted telemarketing and e-mail programs.
d) Make a limited number of personal sales calls to customers
e) Conduct follow-up to targeted book/program mailings via telephone and e-mail.
2. Conduct the sales of HK products to the professional fitness/exercise prospects in the park district, YMCA and other community based organizations.
a) Conduct research on this market to generate prospective leads.
b) Provide support to these customers by providing product information and customer service assistance.
d) Conduct targeted telemarketing and e-mail programs to prospects and existing customers.
3. Provide reporting and documentation.
a) Become proficient in the use of sales tools including customer management information system (presently SalesNet)
b) Complete timely monthly reports
c) Complete reports on above special sales activities as requested
4. Create promotional flyers, HK journal and outside journal/magazine ads for HK products, online copy files for the Web site, video inserts, and title sheets, in cooperation with production staff as assigned by marketing managers (MMs) or marketing director.
5. Provide staff support for the marketing area in a timely and accurate fashion while meeting HK professional standards. This includes:
a. Correspondence, such as cover letters accompanying print ad artwork, list requests, and internal e-mail messages.
b. Organize/update records used in marketing planning, implementation, and analysis.
c. Assist in implementing advertising efforts, including tasks such as pulling copy for brochures and catalogs, serving as second proofreader, researching and ordering mailing lists, advertising space, and mailing preparation services as needed.
d. Research Internet link opportunities, maintain current link exchanges, review competitive web sites as requested, and negotiate new opportunities..
6. Plan and/or implement direct mail promotions as assigned, including flyers, letters, and brochures, according to methods detailed in the current marketing procedures manual.
7. Assist in the preparation of sales analysis, market analysis, and market research reports. The lists that are developed will be considered our best customers for direct mail projects, e-mail campaigns, and follow up calls to be completed by the sales staff.
8. Implement e-mail marketing efforts, working with marketing data manager as needed, according to procedures in the current marketing procedures manual.
9. Other duties as assigned
Work with Sales director to identify new areas of growth and follow-up on these leads. Attend assigned number of trade shows