Special Issue “Childhood Obesity, Exercise and Physical Activity”
Guest Editor: Peter T. Katzmarzyk
The editors of Pediatric Exercise Science are pleased to announce a special thematic issue dedicated to the topic of Childhood Obesity, Exercise and Physical Activity to be published in November 2015. They invite you to submit original research communications, commentaries, or letters-to-the editor on the topics listed below:
- Efficacy of exercise and physical activity for weight loss in children
- Mechanisms linking exercise, physical activity and obesity in children
- Genetics of exercise, physical activity and obesity in children
- Gene-by-physical activity interactions and obesity in children
- Role of maturation in explaining variation in physical activity and adiposity in children
- Correlates and determinants of exercise, physical activity and obesity in children
- Effectiveness of real-world physical activity interventions for weight loss and weight gain prevention in children
- Technology-mediated physical activity interventions for weight loss in obese children (e.g. mHealth, eHealth, exergaming)
- Efficacy and effectiveness of exercise and physical activity in the management of risk factors in the obese child
- Cardiometabolic responses to exercise in children with obesity
- Inflammatory response to exercise in children with obesity
- Optimal exercise regimens and physical activity modalities in children with obesity
The deadline for submissions to this special issue is January 9, 2015. Authors will be notified of acceptance by August 1, 2015, and the special issue will be published in November of 2015.
Please submit your research contribution to PES via ScholarOne Manuscripts. The Submission Guidelines for PES are available at journals.humankinetics.com/submission-guidelines-for-pes. Please clearly indicate in your cover letter that you would like your article considered for this special issue at the time of submission.
The guest editor for this special thematic issue is Peter T. Katzmarzyk, PhD. Please contact the guest editor if you have any questions about the suitability of potential manuscripts for this special issue.